Thursday, July 23, 2009

Poopy Casserole

I grew up eating this creation that I think my mother got from some women's magazine. Something about getting all 4 food groups into one meal. I thought it was fine as a child, but when she served it once I was of legal age, I almost puked at the table. My husband, who thought this casserole was a made-up joke, was horrified when it was served to him. He tried to get her two dogs to eat it so it would look like he made an effort. They were even smarter than to ingest this. And they were ShiTzu's, like the dumbest dogs on the planet. Not that dumb, apparently!

1 package of biscuits (from the tube) split in half.

Line a brownie pan with half the biscuits.

Brown a pound of ground beef, drain, and mix with sour cream, chopped green pepper, can of tomato paste, chopped onion, and shredded cheddar cheese. Spread on the biscuits. Top with remaining biscuits and sprinkle more cheese on top. Bake according to package directions.

The measurements don't matter, because you're not dumb enough to make this and serve it to people you remotely care about. I dubbed it "Poopy Casserole" because, well, let's face it, that's what it looks like.

However, it does contend with the electric skillet project: Diced Spam, cabbage, diced potatoes, carraway seeds, sauteed in an electric skillet with butter. Hello, this was the 1970's. I know we were in a recession and energy crisis, but wasn't the Great Depression over in 1945? Why were we eating this???

1 comment:

  1. My BFF in NY called this recipe Trailer Park Shepherd's Pie. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete