Friday, July 31, 2009

Angel Hair Caprese

There isn't much you can do to a tomato that I don't love. Have had a rough week with my beloved kitty, Charlie. Vet opened him up and found him littered with cancer and did not recommend waking him up. Well, Charlie is sitting here watching me type and giving headbutts. So I am back in the kitchen. . .trying to figure out what to do with stuff I already have on hand.

Boil large pot of water, add handful of salt
Add 1/2 box of Angel Hair pasta (I like Barilla Plus - very good texture)
Boil according to package directions

1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
Heat oven to 350 degrees
Put tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
Roast the tomatoes for 15 minutes

Add the pasta to a large bowl. Add tomatoes and the oil they were roasted in.

1/2 a container of fresh mozzarella cheese (I prefer the small balls that come in water) and quarter them. Toss with the hot pasta and tomatoes.

Chop or chiffonnade a handful of fresh basil and mix the pasta through.

Adjust salt and pepper.

Boil 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar then reduce to medium heat. Heat for about 10-15 minutes until it turns into a syrup. Drizzle over the pasta. One final toss.

Top with freshly grated parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment